Ipswich Area Guide
Ipswich is located on the estuary of the River Orwell about 60 miles north east of London with a population of more than 135,000. It is one of the great ancient towns of England and is surrounded by the beautiful Suffolk countryside. Ipswich also offers a cutting-edge arts and culture scene and is home to world-class food and drink with an excellent selection of shopping, sport clubs and centres. The town is also home to League One side Ipswich Town football club.
Things to do.
We’re finally into the first month of Spring. Although we didn’t have a bitterly cold winter, it felt like it went on forever. Especially with all of the storms and heavy rainfall. March always makes everything seem brighter, cleaner and everyone is happier. It’s also Mother’s Day so we will be writing a guide on the best places to take your Mother out for a treat. Now that half term is out of the way, you may be thinking about the Easter break, but before that arrives, we wanted to put together a guide of things to do in March.
Last month, as it was half term, we chose activities, or days out based on children. This time, we wanted to pick stuff that the adults would enjoy! Of course, some of them are suitable for children, but we wanted to have a good mixture. As an estate agents in Ipswich, our team of experts know the area well and love living in the town. Palmer and Partners is an independent business and we believe in supporting others in the town.
- Ed Sheeran: Made in Suffolk. This is a free event and is being held at Christchurch Mansion. It is an exhibition showing Ed’s journey from Suffolk schoolboy to global superstar. Despite the fame, Ed has always stayed humble and never forgotten his roots as he frequently visits Suffolk, and home village of Framlingham. You will be able to see personal items and the exhibition has been curated by Ed’s father! This is suitable for both adults and children.
- Ipswich farmers market (01/03/2020). A brilliant chance for you to sample and purchase quality, local produce. It is held at Cornhill Square on the first Sunday of every month. The market is open 10.00-14.00 and there are various foodie delights on offer. Local businesses will be showcasing their home-reared meat, locally caught fish, fruit, veg, jams, preserves, plus you can enjoy a number of street food stalls. It’s a great morning out and it gives you the chance to support small businesses.
- Ipswich Town vs Coventry City (07/03/2020) at Portman Road. Although Ipswich are currently in League One, they’re pushing for the play off places and could still pinch an automatic promotion place. Coventry are second in the league so it’s all to play for in this match. Tickets start from £23.00 and are available on the ITFC website.
- Gin Tasting. On the 17th March, Arcade Street Tavern are holding a gin tasting event. Gin has become the drink to have and is immensely popular. There are hundreds of flavours and brands now so we highly recommend it. Find out how to book your tickets by following this link.
- Lambing Day at Suffolk Rural. This is a great family activity. Held on the 29/03/2020 (incidentally, the day the clocks go forward), and the public are given the opportunity to experience farming life. There’s a chance to cuddle the newborns, partake in Easter activities and enjoy being outside. It is recommended that outdoor clothing is worn.
If you’re thinking of moving home, or letting a property, contact our team today on 01473 211705. Our fantastic team will be able to help you find your perfect home. Palmer and Partners is an estate and lettings agent in Ipswich and was voted the top estate agents in the town for 2019. We also have branches in Clacton, Sudbury and Colchester.