There are numerous restaurants in Colchester, and in the town, there’s a good mix of chain and independent restaurants. You can also have your pick of cuisines, making it a great place to go out, have something to eat and enjoy a few drinks. After all, Valentine’s Day this year lands on a Friday so what could be more ideal?
Palmer and Partners is an estate agents in Colchester and is situated right in the heart of the town. Our expert team all live locally and know all of the best places to go for a great time! For the purpose of this post, we’re going to just be recommending independent businesses as we know how hard it can be to get good custom!
- Top of our list is Bambu. It is a Vietnamese restaurant located just out of the town centre at the Hythe. It is incredible food, great drinks and really enjoyable atmosphere. The staff are friendly and welcoming, plus, it’s incredibly well organised! You will never wait too long for your food or drinks and there’s always a member of staff on hand to get you a top off. It’s inexpensive and amazing value for money. This is a ‘must-go-to’ place, but it is also quite popular so you will have to book, but they usually try and squeeze you in. There’s also a small bar there to enjoy a drink after your meal. Parking isn’t ideal so we recommend getting a lift or a taxi.
- Il Padrino is our runner up. This Italian restaurant is bang in the centre of town and is VERY popular. The food is all homemade and very traditional. The food, service and decor is authentic and cosy. There’s always a great atmosphere and you won’t often come across someone who has something bad to say about it.
- Pavilion is third on the list. This stunning restaurant is spacious, contemporary and aesthetically easy on the eye. The food menu is varied and there’s something for everyone. They cater for dietary needs and have a great cocktail menu. This Valentine’s Day they’re doing a special menu where you can get 3 courses for £49.95. It seems slightly expensive, however all of their food is freshly made and delicious! It is somewhere that extra special and you would be guaranteed a fantastic Friday night out at the end of a long week.
- Bellapais comes in at number 4. This quaint, traditional Greek restaurant is one of Colchester’s most well-known and popular ones. It serves traditional Greek food such as Moussaka and Kleftico, plus various cuts of steak which are always cooked to perfection. It really is mouthwateringly good and is certainly here to stay.
- The Wooden Fender in Ardleigh makes our top 5. It serves traditional pub food, but cooked extremely well. It’s cosy, country feel has increased it’s popularity around the town and is a winner if you’re looking for a slightly more relaxed evening.
All of the above are fantastic establishments in Colchester and you won’t be disappointed if you go there!
While you're here, check out our latest properties for sale. As Spring approaches, many people find it's a good time to move and to start afresh. Palmer and Partners is a Colchester estate agents with branches in Clacton, Ipswich and Sudbury.